Meet Annapolis Criminal Defense Attorney Gill A. Cochran
Need a criminal defense lawyer? Call me in Annapolis or Ellicott City at any time
So you’ve been charged with a crime and you’re starting to panic: Am I going to go to jail? Am I going to prison? Do I need a lawyer? Can I afford a lawyer? Which lawyer do I pick?
My name is Gill A. Cochran (but please – call me Drew), the founder of Drew Cochran, Attorney at Law in Annapolis. For the last 22 years, I’ve worked as a criminal defense attorney in Anne Arundel, Allegany, Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Calvert, Charles, Harford, Howard, Montgomery, Prince George’s, and St. Mary’s on the Western Shore, and Kent, Caroline, Cecil, Talbot, Dorchester, Queen Anne’s, Somerset, Wicomico and Worcester Counties on the Eastern Shore, helping people just like you fight for their freedom.
I know you’re scared. I know you’re anxious. I know you’re angry, and frustrated, and overwhelmed by what’s happening to you. That’s what I’m here: to help you get through it all, one day at a time, and to advise you about your rights and your options for fighting criminal charges. So take a deep breath, pick up your phone and call me. We’ll get through this together; I’ve got your back.
A little bit about me
Picking the right attorney can be tough – especially if you’ve never worked with one before, and you feel like your chances of staying on the outside of the prison bars are slipping away. You want to make sure you pick the right guy for the job. So here’s what you should know about me.
I graduated from Curry College with a B.A., earned my law degree (a juris doctor, or J.D.) from the University of Maryland School of Law in 1997 and passed the Maryland Bar Exam the next year (1998). I’ve always practiced in Annapolis, but I opened up shop on my own in 2012. I was selected by my peers as a “Leading Attorney” by What’s Up Annapolis Magazine in 2011, have been named to Super Lawyers since 2019, and I’m a member of a number of legal organizations and associations, such as:
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Maryland Trial Lawyers Association
- Maryland Criminal Defense Attorney’s Association
I’m licensed to practice anywhere in Maryland, but I’m also licensed in federal courts: U.S. District Court, District of Maryland and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. That’s a big deal, because federal charges are serious charges; a conviction will stay on your record for the rest of your life unless you receive a Presidential pardon. I point this out because I want you to know that no matter how big or small of a case you have, or where it’s being tried, you can trust me to help you through it.
It’s not all about work, though. I have a soft spot for golden retrievers. My dog is, hands-down, the best exercise motivator in the world. He wakes me up every day at 6:30 so we can go for a run together. I’m a Ravens fan and I play fantasy football, and my kids play soccer and hockey. So if you want to talk stats or compare cardio programs to get your mind off of things for a little bit, I can do that, too.
The types of cases I handle
I meant it when I said I take all types of cases. From traffic violations to misdemeanors to federal felony charges, I have the chops to handle your case. There aren’t many criminal defense cases in Maryland I won’t handle, but most of my clients are people seeking help with:
I don’t shy away from the tough cases; if anything, I thrive on them. I tackle any challenge presented to me with the same grit and determination I’ve had my whole life. If you need an Annapolis criminal defense lawyer who knows his stuff, and who doesn’t back down for a fight, it’s time to give me a call.
Why you want me on your side
Look – there are a lot of Annapolis criminal defense attorneys out there, and you deserve to know what it is that sets me apart from the rest of them. My philosophy is built around the “Three As”:
- Availability: You call me, you get me. My phone doesn’t get turned off. You can call, text or email me at any time on any day or night, and I’ll be there. If I’m in court or with another client, though, I’ll get back to you ASAP, or ask my staff to call you back to get more information. There will always be someone to answer your questions, and 99% of the time, that someone is me.
- Accessibility: What good is finding the best possible Annapolis criminal defense lawyer if you can’t access him because of the cost, right? Don’t worry about fees and costs. We’re going to talk about it face to face, and we’re going to come up with a solution that fits with what you need.
- Approachability: Hiring a lawyer is scary enough without feeling like you’re being pushed around by some stuffed shirt who thinks he’s better than you. I know your charges are serious, and I know that your future might be on the line – but I also know there’s more to you than what you’re accused of doing. I want you to feel completely comfortable with me when you’re in my office or we’re together in court. You don’t ever have to be afraid to call me or to tell me what you need, or what you’re frightened of.
At the end of the day, you deserve to work with an Annapolis criminal defense attorney who sees you for you, and who will always tell you the truth. I’ve been successful because I work hard and with integrity, because I respect my clients and their needs, and because I’m not afraid to throw down (legally, of course) when it matters most.
An experienced criminal defense attorney in Annapolis & Ellicott City
When you’re charged with a crime in Maryland, time is not on your side. You want an attorney who’s going to listen to your story and fight for your rights – and I know I’m the right person to do just that. To find out more about my services, or to schedule a consultation at my law office – Drew Cochran, Attorney at Law – please call 410-271-1892 or fill out this contact form. I’ve got a second office in Ellicott City, too, if that’s more convenient for you.
When you need an Annapolis criminal defense lawyer on your side, all you need to remember is this: Keep Calm – and Call Drew.