Ellicott City Criminal Defense Lawyers Fighting for You
Standing by your side after criminal charges in Maryland
When your freedom hangs in the balance, you need a criminal defense attorney who gets results. A criminal conviction can have a devastating effect on your life – including your job, your relationships and your future. You may face fines, jail time, probation or community service.
Here at Drew Cochran, Attorney at Law, our decades of experience in criminal defense give us the know-how to get results. We go to work for you immediately, guiding you through the complex legal process and defending your rights. Talk to us about any aspect of your Ellicott City criminal defense issue, including: bail detention hearings, pretrial motions and hearings, trials, adjudicatory hearings, new trial motions, sentencing, as well as violations of probation, sentencing modifications and reconsiderations.
Timing is critical when you’re dealing with criminal charges. Whether you’ve recently been arrested or just learned you’re under investigation, you don’t have to go through this alone. We’ll step in early and get to work to ensure the best chance of success for your case.
At Drew Cochran, Attorney at Law, our clients receive serious defense from serious Ellicott City criminal defense attorneys.
Representation for a variety of criminal charges
Our attorneys handle a number of matters within the criminal justice system, from misdemeanors and felonies to complex criminal charges. These include:
- Assault and violent crimes
- Domestic violence
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Drug charges
- Juvenile crimes
- Murder and manslaughter
- Sexual assault
- State vs. federal crimes
- Theft crimes
- Traffic violations
- White-collar crimes
It’s important to work with a criminal defense attorney who has deep knowledge of the charges you’re facing, as well as the jurisdiction where your case will be heard.
Court and jail information in Ellicott City and Howard County
For your convenience, we’ve gathered together local information about courts, juvenile justice, and criminal departments. Ellicott City operates under the Howard County court system. Don’t hesitate to contact our office for a consultation, and we can guide you to the proper departments.
- Department of Juvenile Services: 410.480.7878
- Department of Corrections
- State Division of Parole and Probation, Howard County: 410.480.7920
Hiring an attorney who spends personal time with you developing a strategy to address your specific situation gives you a head start on a successful defense.
Benefits of hiring an Ellicott City criminal defense attorney
If you’ve been accused of a crime, never underestimate the severity of the situation. Even when the truth is on your side, the outcome of your case could change your entire future. Working with an experienced and dedicated criminal defense lawyer can give you the best chance for success. We’re ready to help.
Having one of our attorneys on your side means not leaving your future to chance. Our criminal defense lawyers:
- Understand the law. The law is much more complex than it appears on TV crime shows. We understand all the details of criminal law, building a strong defense for your case.
- Know what to expect. Dealing with the criminal justice system can be overwhelming, especially when you don’t know what’s coming next. But our lawyers work within that system every day. We know what’s coming and can help ease the stress of the experience.
- Can negotiate to your advantage. Negotiations are crucial in criminal cases. Our lawyers are skilled negotiators who will work with you in considering plea bargains or other options. We handle the negotiations with prosecutors for you, always working in your complete best interests.
- Know the local court system. We give our clients the advantage of our familiarity with the local Howard County court system. We have experience with local prosecutors, judges and court staff. That gives us the edge in creating an effective, personalized defense.
- Are on your side. Being accused of a crime means the prosecution is working against you. Their job is to prove that you’re guilty and that you’re punished. Don’t go up against this on your own. Our attorneys are always on your side and our goal is for you get the best possible outcome in your case, whether having the charges dropped or lessened.
Hiring a skilled criminal defense attorney is one of the most important things you can do to protect your future and your freedom. Whether you’re charged with a minor misdemeanor or a serious felony, having an experienced lawyer on your side can mean all the difference in your case.
Talk to our tenacious criminal defense attorneys in Ellicott City
At Drew Cochran, Attorney at Law, we are dedicated to protecting the rights of our clients. Our track record of success speaks for itself – let us put our experience to work for you. If you’re facing criminal charges, our defense lawyers are ready to help. Call our office today at 410-271-1892 or fill our contact form to schedule a consultation.
And remember: Keep Calm – and Call Drew.